Friday, November 16, 2018

The Holy Grail of Jeans?


Please don't shout or scream at me.  I have found, what I consider to be, the holy grail of the jean world.  They are MY holy grail.  They are not going to be everybody's holy grail.  They don't come cheap but I managed to snaffle a pair at a reduced price.  I don't think I could have pushed it had they been at their,  delightful and rather eye watering,  full price.  I know that the cost per wear thingamabob is going to come into it's own.  All bloggers natter on, endlessly, about cost per wear and I am going to be no different.  So sue me.  I know you get where I'm coming from.  I know that you think 'bloody hell' and all the other expletives but it is THE HOLY GRAIL after all.  If I were a crusader I would be sporting sunken cheeks and a very long beard, from years of searching.

  • "How did I come to find such a gem?"  I hear you ask.  Well, as per, I was scanning many lovely instagrammers and noted this particular pair of jeans on at least 2 of them that particular session.  I call them sessions because they can be a short hit workout or a lengthy marathon depending on what I've got on and where I am.  This was a lengthier one and I did my research. Luckily the jeans were linked.  Oh how I love a link and how I bloody hate the lack of them when you find something that you desperately need!   The links sent me off to German websites but I am nothing if not canny.  I fathomed out the make and model and, voila, found them on the Flannels UK website.  It took a bit of searching, my fingers looked like bloodied stumps by the end of the day! (Not really, I am exaggerating,  but sometimes it really is worth putting in the extra effort!) 
  • I am blaming Tania, with her daily outfits, at jagta8. Her style isn't identical to mine but I have definitely stolen a few ideas from her over the past few months.  She does have an effortless look and she can wear heels, something I fail miserably at.  If I wear heels,  higher than a kitten,  I look like I've lost my horse somewhere! Think Katie Price on a good day but with less makeup and fewer children. Yeeee ha.  I noticed them on Lieblingsstil too. I have followed them both for some time. 

jagta8

lieblingsstil

jagta8

lieblingsstil


  • So what are my demands that, seemingly, have been delivered?  Firstly I want a mid rise, not a low rise, too annoying and too much muffin.  I don't want a high rise, they make my arse look like it's going on forever, even if the muffin becomes non existent!  So a nice, comfortable mid rise.  Secondly, I don't want too much elastane (I think it is elastane, correct me if I'm wrong.) Thirdly, I like to have a good colour of blue.  Not too pale, not too dark with the correct weight of denim.  Up forth is the need for a moderate amount of distressing.  I like a bit of distressing, I think it gives a bit of edge and it's a 'fuck you' to my mid century status.  Fifth on my list of requirements is that they hug the bottom but don't cause a camel toe and do not slide at the crotch.  If I wanted drop crotch, I would buy drop crotch! Harrumph.  And finally ........ they need to be the right length.   I have fairly short legs, so they need to finish at the correct point above my ankle.  These are cropped at just the right level and have a good taper rather than being really tight on the calf.  I think that's covered everything. 

  •  Just call me Goldilocks. 



I just followed instructions and 'added to my bag'


  • I have to admit to having some jeans, from Zara, that are not far off the mark but these trump them all. My Holy Grail of the 'Boyfriend' style are still my AG jeans from last year.  Why is it that the good ones, in my case, seem to have a higher **price tag?!? I guess that sometimes you really do get what you pay for.  Maybe? I am not always convinced by that statement. I have a shape that has greater needs.  If my legs went on forever and I had no arse I would care a lot less! 
  • **The law of sod. 


Grey Sweater from Primark (AW18)
Belt. Old
Boots from Faith at Debenhams SS18


Sweater from Primark. AW18
Belt. Cobra Belts via The Horse of the Year Show 18
Boots from Zara AW18 (adore them and less than £40.00)
Bag from Topshop AW18


Sweater from Next.  Old
Bangle from All Saints. Old


  • So there we have it.  I am very happy indeed, until something else gets into my head and takes may fancy.  Fickle, Moi?  Hell yes but I am trying to be good.  Have you found your' dream jeans?  Do you have so many requirements?  Is it almost impossible?  Can you remember when they used to say ladies with short legs need to wear bootcut?  PAH. 
Love and peace.  H xxx

My Instagram is -  instyle.by.helen 








No comments:

Post a Comment