Friday, April 12, 2019

Facts and fillers. A vague beauty post.

I have pondered about writing this post because I have waffled, a bit on this subject, on my Instagram stories.  I have kept the 'fess up' monologue, it's tucked away in one of my highlights (about me.)

People, in the main, are extremely kind and polite when commenting on Instagram.  I have had many women saying very complimentary things to me, so I thought it important to be totally honest and say that it ain't all completely un-aided.   I am no Katie Price either!!!!

I am aged 50 and 7 months.  I am 5 foot (nearly) 7, but I guess I will start shrinking soon!  I have always weighed  somewhere between 9 stone 3 and 9 stone 12.  Fluctuation is the name of the game. I am about a size 10 but judging by some of the sizing changes,  in our wondrous high street shops,  I can be anything from XS to a Large. Go figure? Literally.

I had nothing done before the age of 40.  I think this quite important.  I dread to think what some girls will look like who start on the injectables way before they even hit 30.

I started with a bit of botox.  I then had my nose to mouth lines filled.  I have had that done twice and the last time must have been a good 5 years ago.  It has not been repeated.  I ceased botox injections last year and I haven't had anything for a good 7 months.  At the beginning of 2018 I lost quite a lot of weight after exceeding my normal range by a stone!  I. Felt. BAD.  I went on to the Cambridge Weight Plan and dropped all the weight I needed and have not put it back on again.  The best thing,  to come from this plan,  is the amount of water that I now consume every day.  I am convinced it is the key to wellbeing.    Anyway, I digress, I decided to have a bit of filler in my cheeks to combat the hollow look of weight loss.  It did the trick and, again, it is something that I have not felt the need to repeat.

I must say that also, at the beginning of 2018,  I changed my dentist.  This was a revolution as he opened up the arena of whitening and teeth shaping.  I believe that my new dentist improved the look of my teeth greatly.  I need to whiten, again, and I will get round to it as it does look fantastic.  It does, however, fade too.  I am sure that, subconsciously, all my treatment activity was due to my looming 50th,  in the September of 2018.

After seeing the 3 point rhino procedure,  on Lydia Millen's You Tube channel,  I took the plunge with it in June of last year.  I thought the results looked phenomenal.  It is a magnificent innovation. At the same time I bit the bullet and went for a smidge of lip filler, a procedure that I had previously resisted on a couple of occasions.  I was more than chuffed with both.

I reckon I am about as vain as anyone else.  I'm not obsessed with my looks.  I am, however, very keen to reduce the amount of time I spend 'faffing about' in front of the mirror in the morning.  I am afraid I am not the type to bung on any old shit, scrape my hair back and go.  It is just not me. I like making a bit of an effort.  I don't want to be sluggish. Anything that I have had done reduces this 'faff' time enormously.  I have lash extensions (no mascara, praise the lord!) I've had my eyebrows micro bladed (no fucking about trying to draw the correct shape on.)   My nose is good to go and my lips don't need much more than lip salve.  A light dash of BB cream,  a bit of contour shade and blush and I'm good to go.

We are all different in our approach.  I am not a slave to creams, lotions and potions.  I never have been.  I am a simple wipes, Olay with an SPF 15,  type of woman.  I use a mild retinol serum at night, if I can remember, or I bung on a bit of St Tropez purity to give me some colour in the morning.  I do not sit with pots of expensive anything.  It is a waste of money, in my humble opinion.  Drink more water, that is better than anything else that you can put on your skin.  I slather on Nivea lip balm.  I hate dry lips.  Perhaps I need educating?  Perhaps I should be slavishly slapping on £100 a time creams?  I prefer to spend my money on other things.

Anyway, here are the photos........ A trip through time.........

The Mr, in the photos, is my very adorable big Brother.



Rocking mustard, even at aged 3!


18. Say no more. 

Portugal. Yes,  we slept on beaches!



Older and thinner. Aged about 28. I think I was going through a divorce. 



My gorgeous Aunt and Mum. Look at me, green jeans?



NOSE of the large variety and lips of the small. 



Hmmm I look knackered. 




I just look pinched and severe.  Grumpy, even. 



New nose and lips



and new nose again



Much perkier!




 I never liked my nose.  I didn't hate it but I never particularly liked it.  I am now so happy with the shape it is untrue.  It is a small but massive change.  If you feel like it, go for it!  All you have to do is check out Dr Ayad Harb's instagram and you will be blown away.  I guarantee it. The lips are a bonus.

If you would like to know any further information feel free get in touch.  I will help all I can.  And if you have any potion and lotion advice please do share.

Love

H XxX

An mildly upholstered 50 year old.   :0)









No comments:

Post a Comment