Sunday, June 9, 2019

Mover and shaker ....

Well I finally reached the holy grail of ten thousand followers on Instagram.  I did a little jig, or rather quite a big jig if I'm going to be more than honest with you.

It took five bloody years, five years, so no buying likes and followers here.

My account started as Fashion40ish back in 2014.  I tickled along and then stopped.  Instagram was an infant and it was still all about blogging.  How things change.  I blog because it is a little space that allows me to waffle on about whatever I want.  I haven't got the patience to list all the clothing I buy or wear and linking to everything is a bit beyond me. I'm a simple chick and I like to keep it that way.  About eighteen months ago I started up again.  I have the ability to link on Instagram now anyway.  Yes, the 10K allows the 'Swipe Up.'  This is still time consuming but infinitely easier than doing it all here, where my exposure is much lower.  Thank you for everyone who does bother to stop by, and read, and thankfully there are still enough of you to warrant me doing this, from time to time.

Along with the 'Swipe Up' come the emails.  Many, many emails from PR companies, individual companies and even shopping centres.  Here is where I feel myself recoiling.  Whilst I am happy to have the opportunity I know that I need to tread carefully and stay true to myself.  I have accepted gifts via Instagram.  I think it is marvellous that smaller companies can directly contact you.  It works so well.  All I can say is that I would never accept anything just for the sake of it.  I have been given some gorgeous little items from sweatshirts, t shirts, earrings and cuffs to bracelets and bags.  As anyone can see I wear them all regularly and always tag (it is a way of saying thank you and there is a need to be completely transparent as to what is a gift.)  As you can see from a previous post I was invited, by IntuPotteries, to review a restaurant at the Hanley centre and M&Co have sent items for me to style.  I have loved it all.  I like the challenge of styling up clothing from stores that I haven't actually shopped in before.  Trust me, if I didn't think the clothes were 'Me' I would in no way keep them and add them here or on Instagram.

Please trust me when I say I am going to keep on keeping it real.  I am looking forward to any challenges that come my way, as long as I like what I see.

Here are a few bits and bobs that I have posted.  I must say that the contacts (I like to call them friendships) are really special to me.  Some have become friends, which is what it is all about.


A fantastic Tee from @queenbeecollective 



A selection sent to me by @mandco_fashion



Top Tee from @lovesweatsandtees



A fabulous 'Bib' from @tlmedit



My wonderful charity Tee, originally sent to me from @cheshirepressed



The gorgeous Polly sent me this @bypollyannaclothing



A day out courtesy of @intupotteries 



This bag has become a favourite from @bettylovesaccessories


@roseandrockuk Tee.  I love it. 


I have also received jewellery from @rockthatbiscuit and @ameliaroseacessories that I wear on repeat.

My wonderful phone covers have both come from @lovely_and_lavish_shop

So where does it go from here?  Who knows.  I still maintain that, with everything going on in my personal life, this is a blessed relief from, what has become, quite a lot of pressure and stress.  Stress is an overused word but, f**k me it describes the last few weeks perfectly.

Peace and harmony, as always.

Helen X

If you are wondering about the 'stress' please feel free to check out my blog post which details my Husband's cancer surgery.  I will need to update this soon, as we travel through the treatment phase.  A phase that landed him back in hospital with dangerously low calcium, potassium and magnesium levels.  I am no medic but that sure didn't sound good to me. It wasn't.



No comments:

Post a Comment