Monday, November 12, 2018

Fresh at Fifty (Goodbye to Fashion40ish)




Well hello there and it's been a while.  Gone are the Fashion40ish days.  My old blog days seem like a distant memory.  It was a hobby that became untenable due to internet speeds of less than 1, I kid you not.  In this day an age a speed of less than 1!!! I then became totally committed to Instagram and I have built up a nice, organic, following of truly lovely people.  I have made many new friends and have managed to keep in touch with some old ones from the embryonic stages of blogging. Then, a few months ago, the gods shone a light on our little corner of Shropshire which enabled internet speeds of plus 25!! Praise be. 

  • I don't think I will be a prolific blogger but I think it would be nice to have a space to add information that is up to date and relevant.  I adore doing my ramblings, on stories, and love the interaction it creates.  I really like having a laugh.  Fun is what it is all about an if you can't have a chuckle, at your' own expense, there is something seriously wrong.  I am now 50.  I can't quite believe it as I type it out. I don't feel 50 and when I compare myself to pictures of family members, at the same age, I don't look anything remotely like they did.  I'm not saying they looked bad, God no, but I just do not look like they did.  I think the idea of donning ripped jeans and leopard print coats would have been akin to asking them to pop a dressing gown on to nip to Kwik Save (showing my age there!!!) 
  • So here I am.  I would like to think that I could help inspire and encourage other women, maybe of a similar age, there are no rules, to have a bit of a try on and a dress up.  Put white jeans with chunky boots, but trainers with dresses (I don't actually do that really, I look a bit of a tit, but I love the look.)  Go crazy and wear ripped jeans and put that leather biker on etc etc.  It is not groundbreaking stuff, it isn't original but some of it may work for you.  I have said, on many occasions, that I nick a lot of ideas from Instagram and Pinterest.  I have a plethora of boards dedicated to making my life easier with what the hell to wear. I save many images from Insta and refer to them on a daily basis.  It works.  I do not have model proportions.  I am 5'6 and a bit (the 'bit' is fucking important) and I am a size 8-10-or 12 depending on where I shop. I have feet that have grown to a size 6? (I Know) and I have a long back and, proportionately, short legs.  I have learnt how to take a reasonably good photograph by using just my iPhone 7 and an occasional bit of input from the tween in my life. I manage to con many that I have the legs of Elle Macpherson. 
  • I will be mindful of what I buy.  To be fair I have been doing quite a lot of 'shopping in my wardrobe' rather than buying willy-nilly.  Although willy-nilly does come into it from time to time.  It's the Primark effect when you stand,  with a multitude of sins in front of you,  and simply cannot resist.  Ooh look, fab jumper, how much? ? ? Get it bought. 
  • I have a growing following and I am now receiving some 'gifts' from smaller companies and outlets.  I assure you than I will not be prostituting myself to all and sundry.  I will work with products that I like, and would buy myself, and people with that I am happy to help along the way. 












  • Well I've made a start.  I don't want to waffle on too much.  In a nutshell, I've started another, fairly straightforward, simple blog.  I'll let it develope.  If anyone has any ideas or tips for me then fire away.  Life is always about learning, even if you are half a century old. *GASP*
Love H x

No comments:

Post a Comment